The USA Pro Challenge can be followed in many ways, via social media, web and television. The 2012 edition of the race features 16 teams battling it out over 683-mile course with more than 42,000 ft. of vertical climbing through some of Utah’s most beautiful and challenging terrain over six days. In its second year, the UCI 2.HC event takes place from Tuesday August 20 to Sunday August 26, 2012.
Subscribe to the list @podiuminsight/usaprochallenge to get all the scoop from the 16 teams and the riders that are on twitter.
All the teams are on twitter, and all but one have a facebook account. The frequency of updates is different from every team.
Web and smartphones
The free Radioshack Tour Tracker provides race coverage across web, mobile and tablet viewing platforms via live video, audio and real-time data streams of the event – download the application for the iPhone, iPad devices via iTunes and the Android via Google Play.
Broadcast partners NBC Sports Network and NBC will include 29 hours of race coverage over the seven days.
- Prior to the race each day, with the exception of Sunday, NBC Sports Network will give cycling fans an up-close look into the daily lives of their favorite riders with a 30-minute pre-show. The documentary-style shows, airing at 3:30 p.m. ET, will offer inside access to the riders and their preparations for the race.
- NBC Sports Network will provide live daily HD coverage of the seven stages of the competition.
- Highlights of the stages will be featured each night at 11 p.m. ET.
- Universal Sports will re-air NBC’s coverage of Stages 6 & 7 on August 27 and August 28, respectively.
- Stage 1: Monday, August 20 – Durango to Telluride – 4 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
- Stage 2: Tuesday, August 21 –Montrose to Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte – 4 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
- Stage 3: Wednesday, August 22 – Gunnison to Aspen – 4 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
- Stage 4: Thursday, August 23 – Aspen to Beaver Creek/Vail Village – 4 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
- Stage 5: Friday, August 24–Breckenridge to Colorado Springs – 4 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
- Stage 6: Saturday, August 25 – Golden to Boulder – 2-4 p.m. (NBC); 4-6 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
- Stage 7: Sunday, August 26 –Denver Individual Time Trial – 2-4 p.m. (NBC Sports Network); 4-6 p.m. (NBC) – Stage 7- time trial start times (pdf)
- Stage 6 Re-air: Monday, August 27 - 6-8 p.m. ET (Universal Sports)
- Stage 7 Re-air: Tuesday, August 28 - 6-8 p.m. ET (Universal Sports)