A no frills time trial for stage 2 of the Exergy Tour on Saturday.
“It’s a TT for power riders.” said Robin Farina (NOW and Novartis for MS). US Road Champion Farina shared her insights prior to the start of the five-day stage race after she and her team pre-rode all the stages.
“It’s a good day for a good time-trialist, even if they’re not a good climber, I think that they can do a good power TT. If you can’t ride technical stuff, this is the perfect course for them.” she laughed. “It’s very straight out and back, no frills.”
The 10.4-mile (17.0 km) out and back course delivers 256 feet (78 meters) of total climbing.
“It’s non-technical.” added Farina. We rode it two days ago, and it is slightly uphill on the way out and there was a headwind so it made it hard on the way out and when you turn, it’s a fast downhill with a tailwind. Once again, the winds have changed so it may not be like that, it could be uphill with a tailwind and that would make it even faster.”
Stage 2 details:
- Length: 10.4 miles (17.0 km)
- Climbing: 256 feet (78 meters)
- Start time: 10:55 am MDT
- Finish time (ETA): 1:35 pm MDT
- Riders start every minute with final five riders starting at two minute intervals. (see start list)
- Forecast calls for a few showers with highs in the mid 50s F and winds NW at 13 mph