Portland, Oregon – RUBICON-ORBEA; Benefiting the Lance Armstrong Foundation announces its 2010 elite rider roster and National Race Calendar Schedule. The Portland-based team, which raced last year in the easily recognizable green-and-yellow kits of the Land Rover-ORBEA team, will once again be flying the bright yellow jerseys, with ORBEA stepping in as title sponsor for 2010.
“RUBICON-ORBEA has developed into a major league team, doing great things on and off the bike. It’s been fun and feels good to be a part of that,” commented Justin Slarks, Marketing Director of ORBEA-USA.”
Continuing where they left off in 2009, the RUBICON-ORBEA squad will once again be visiting hospitals and inspiring more people who have been affected in any way by cancer to take control, face it head on, take no prisoners and reach out to others for support,” said team cofounder and team director Norrene Godfrey, who lost both her parents to cancer.”As a cycling team, we hope to visit as many hospitals as possible handing out as many yellow wristbands as we can, to encourage those individuals to keep fighting, and let them know they’re not alone.”
The team also raises funds and awareness for the Lance Armstrong Foundation by leading charity rides, whereas all the money raised is donated to the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
Along with ORBEA-USA, returning sponsors for 2010 include Rolf Prima, Schwalbe North America, Land Rover, Nike, Hammer Nutrition, Oakley, Monster vs Robot, Veloimages, Park Tools, United Finance, Yakima and EZ-Up Tent.
RUBICON-ORBEA will feature young riders from the US and New Zealand as RUBICON-ORBEA will be working in partnership with New Zealand’s Bici Vida squad in a rider exchange program. Both teams are combining forces to help develop the next generation of professional cycling athletes.
Returning to RUBICON-ORBEA for 2010 will be New Zealand’s Roman van Uden, Mike Northey and Aaron Tuckerman and they’ll be joined this year by Patrick “Paddy” Bevin, New Zealand’s 2009 U19 rider of the year. For the U.S. returning riders include Josh Bartlett and trackie Dean Tracy, joining RUBICON-ORBEA for 2010 will be Omer Kem, a familiar face in NRC races as he rode for Bissell Pro Cycling Team. Newcomer Quinn Keogh will join the squad for 2010 after returning from his own battle with testicular cancer. One more rider will be announced later this year.
2010 Rubicon-ORBEA Benefiting the Lance Armstrong Foundation Roster
- Patrick “Paddy” Bevin- NZL, U19 Cyclist of the Year and 2009 U19 Road Champion
- Omer Kem; USA, Team Leader, formerly from Bissell Pro Cycling team
- Quinn Keogh; USA, our 2009 Seattle LIVESTRONG Challenge sponsored rider
- Josh Bartlett; USA, 2009 King Valley RR Winner
- Mike Northey; NZL, 2009 U23 National Criterium Champion
- Aaron Tuckerman; NZL, Team Leader
- Dean Tracy; USA, 2009 National Team Sprint Champion
- Roman van Uden; NZL, Tour of the Gila stage winner
2010 NRC Schedule
- 11 -Dana Point Grand Prix; Dana Point CA -Kick off race
- 28-May 2 -Tour of Gila; Silver City New Mexico
- 06-09 -Joe Martin Stage Race, Fayetteville AK
- 02-06 -Mt. Hood Cycling Classic; Hood River, OR
- 16-20 -Nature Valley Grand Prix, MN
- 22-27 -US U23 / Elite National Road Championships, Bend OR
- 27- Manhattan Beach Grand Prix, Manhattan Beach, CA
- 28-July 3 -Alpenrose 6-day (Track) Portland, OR
- 09-11 -Tour de Delta; Delta BC
- 16-18 -Portland AVC (Track), Portland, OR
- 17 -Boise Twilight Criterium, Boise ID
- 20-25 -Cascade Classic; Bend, OR
- 23-24 -FSA AVC (Track), Seattle, WA
- 13 -Portland Twilight Criterium, Portland, OR
- 17-22 -Tour of Utah (Tentative)
- September / October –
- Sept. 29-Oct. 3 -US U23 / Elite National Track Championships, Carson, CA