No changes on top of the leaderboards. With only two events remaining on the 2008 NRC, Rory Sutherland (Health Net-Maxxis) continues to hold a commanding lead in the overall individual standings on the men’s side while Tina Pic increased her lead in the current women’s classification.
The Health Net Pro Cycling Team p/b Maxxis squad still leads the men’s rankings in the teams standings with second-placed Colavita/Sutter Home team closing the gap. The Cheerwine Professional continues to lead the women’s side.
The top 5 in each category are:
Men’s Individual Standings
1. Rory Sutherland (AUS/Health Net-Maxxis) 1403
2. Ted King (Brentwood, N.H./Bissell) 813
3. Ben Jacques-Maynes (Watsonville, Calif./Bissell) 643
4. Anthony Colby (Durango, Colo./Colavita-Sutter Home) 624
5. Kyle Wamsley (Hatfield, Pa./Colavita-Sutter Home) 580
Men’s Team Standings
1. Health Net Pro Cycling Team p/b Maxxis 2767
2. Colavita/Sutter Home Men’s Cycling Team p/b Cooking Light 2626
3. Bissell Pro Cycling Team 2331
4. Toyota-United Pro Cycling Team 2058
5. Successfulliving.com p/b Parkpre 1436
Women’s Individual Standings
1. Tina Pic (Buford, Ga./Colavita-Sutter Home) 1139
2. Laura Van Gilder (Cresco, Pa./Cheerwine) 1102
3. Anne Samplonius (CAN/Cheerwine) 912
4. Kristin Armstrong (Boise, Idaho) 870
5. Catherine Cheatley (NZL/Cheerwine) 852
Women’s Team Standings
1. Cheerwine Professional Cycling Team 4172
2. Aaron’s Cycling Team 2855
3. Colavita/Sutter Home Women’s Cycling Team p/b Cooking Light 2624
4. Team Tibco 2212
5. Valuact Capitol Cycling Team 1266
For complete 2008 NRC Individual and Team Standings, click here.
The NRC’s penultimate contest, the U.S. 100K Classic, will take place Sept. 1 in Atlanta. The final race, the Priority Health Grand Cycling Classic will be held next weekend on Sept 6th in Grand Rapids, Michigan.